Fall Fun List
Edited on January 12, 2018.
Only one month left to go until winter officially settles in! I have been “working” on this fun list. Fall is always a busy season for me so I kept it minimal and achievable.
1. Go apple and pear-picking
We visited the Olmenhorst estate, read more about it here.
2. Go for a walk into the woods and enjoy the colorful foliage
It rained a lot this fall so we only enjoyed the foliage late in the season.
3. Watch a season of American Horror Story
Horror is my least favorite genre, because of Halloween I was in the mood for this TV show. We even watched two seasons: Freak Show and Asylum. We also saw the first episode of Hotel but were not convinced by it.
4. Make a pumpkin squash soup
I tested a delicious recipe from the French Health Coach Lailabel, that she once explained in one of her Instagram stories:
- Cut a butternut squash in two. Cover with a 1-2 tbsp of honey, olive oil, nutmeg and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 200 °C for 45-50 minutes or until it becomes soft and golden.
- Remove the flesh with a spoon and blend with some coconut milk (quantity to your liking, depending on how smooth or chunky you want your soup to be)
- Top with a pinch of nutmeg.
I love this soup and made it several times.
5. Decorate our home with pumpkins
We had mini and large pumpkins in our staircase, living room and front door. We picked our pumpkins at the Pompoenerie de Marie, read more about it here.
6. Find lamps for our dining room (for the darker days)
We were gifted some money during our housewarming for blinds and an oven, but instead we purchased beautiful lamps with it. The days were getting shorter and our dining room turned dark, so we were in urgent need of light.
I already have tackled some items and if ever you are curious, I updated my 2017 Summer Fun List to share with you my progress.
Enjoy the remainder of the season!