Coco Choco Pop
Lately, I have been in the mood to hibernate with the shorter days and the colder temperature. Our couch has become my favorite place to relax. You will often find us cozy under a blanket, watching Netflix, sipping tea and eating comfort food.
I’ll sometimes pop in the oven a microwavable sachet of corn kernels, but in honor of Popcorn Day I decided to attempt homemade popcorn with a twist. This recipe is so easy and tasty, I’ll avoid processed popcorn in the future.
You will need:
- ½ cup of corn kernels
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 100 g of dark chocolate
- Grated or shaved coconut
1. In a large saucepan, pour the oil and 3 kernels. Cover with a lid and heat on medium high.
2. Once the corn has popped, add the remainder of the kernels. Cover with the lid. Shake well to mix the kernels with the oil.
3. Shake the pan regularly until all the corn is popped.
4. Remove from the fire and lay the popcorn on a tray.
5. Melt the chocolate au bain-marie (with double boilers).
6. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the popcorn.
7. Sprinkle the coconut.
8. Let the chocolate cool and harden.
- Once the pops are 2-3 seconds apart, remove immediately the pan from the fire to prevent burning.
I hope you enjoy this delicious treat. Happy Popcorn Day!